Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day One

You'll all be happy to know, I made it to Jos safe and sound. I'm super tired, jet lagged and so totally stoked to be here. The computer is running off a generator at the moment; the electricity comes and goes at random. That means unless I bathe during the day it's a dark sponge bath for me. It also means I have to manually flush the toilet. It goes a little something like this: you do your business, then you fill up a bowl of water and pour it down the toilet bowl and there you have it. Interesting times here so far.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Hey Nikki, sounds like the experience has started right away. How or the people culture? Can you upload photos.
Watching Broncos right now. They look good against Indy. If rockies win today and Padres lose they are in the playoffs! Already got my playoff tickets! Red Sox start playoffs tommorrow
Rock on. Have fun

Don Mussard said...

Hey Nikki! So great to hear you arrived safely! You have been (and will continue to be) in our prayers for safety and great experience.
Love
Don and Peg

Unknown said...

Burksie! I'm so happy for you! And jealous. :) Can't wait to hear more. Love ya! -Hinzie