Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mosquitoes

Do they have a productive propose? I was thinking, maybe they're some integral part of the bug world. Maybe a very important insect would die if they didn't have mosquitoes to feast on. The better part of my conscious tells me they're just annoying and the reason I have Malaria. It started yesterday with extreme muscle aches. I was feeling really weak and went to bed fairly early. During the night I had the chills and later on woke up in a pool of sweat. By the time morning came around I hardly had enough energy to make it to the bathroom and back. I slept most of the morning and then later on a doctor from Faith Alive paid me visit. After describing my symptoms he said, "Have you had Malaria before?". Within a couple hours my faithful friend Krysty showed up with medication. From what I'm told (and what I'm feeling) Malaria is a lot like the flu-headaches, muscle weakness, joint pain, fever, chills, etc. Not the worst thing in the world, but certainly not favorable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Nikki, friend! So sorry to hear the bad news! We are all pulling for ya. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Jess and I were just talking about the Bee Movie by Jerry Seinfeld. She was going to see it. I don't go very often (too expensive with the whole fam). Anyway, Hinzie was telling me how we'd all die within a matter of weeks, months or years if there weren't any bees. It just made me think about your mosquitoes and their role in big picture.

Thich Naht Hanh would say, "breathe, listen for the bell, enjoy the mosquitoes". Then again it's hard to appreciate buddhist theory when your paying tribute to the porcelain every few minutes.

Hope good health finds you soon!

pita

Unknown said...

You can count yourself among the thousands of men in WWII that had malaria in the south seas islands. They took quinine to recover. You will recover too, thanks to modern medicine. This does not mean you should go out and drink an abundance of gin and tonic (quinine water) to hasten your recovery. I'll do it for you here in Maui. We just watched the HIV problems in Rwanda on PBS and how they are improving. XXX Grandma G.

Unknown said...

Malaria?!...I'm so sorry to hear that! At least now you have antibodies!